– Health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being in which disease and infirmity are absent.
– The condition of being sound in body, mind, or spirit. (Marriam-Webster dictionary)
– The condition of the body and the degree to which it is free from illness, or the state of being well. (Cambridge dictionary)
– A person’s health is the condition of their body and extent to which it is free from illness or able to resist illness. (Collins dictionary)
– Health is a state in which a person is not suffering any illness and is feeling well. (Collins dictionary)
– “A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. (definition according to WHO in 1948)
– According to Homeopathy, in the healthy condition of man, whole living organism is governed by a dynamic force (which is known as Vital Force).
This force is organizing the harmonious functions of entire organism which results in feeling of normal sensations and functions.
– “Health is that balanced condition of the living organism in which the integrated, harmonious performance of the vital functions tends to the preservation of the organism and the normal development of the individual”. ( According to Dr. Stuart Close)
Concept of Health:
Harmonious performance of the vital force
Balanced condition of the living organism
Normal sensations and functions
Free employment of the higher purpose of our existence
Peace and happiness
– Disease per se (Disease itself) is nothing but the alteration in the healthy state of an individual” – (Dr. Hahnemann)
Concept of Disease:
Exposure to unfavorable environment
Abnormal Vital process
Disturbance in the harmonious state of mind and body
Feeling of uneasiness and discomfort
Outwardly reflected through the material body in the form of signs and symptoms