"Similia Similibus Curentur"
According to homeopathy the Cure (permanent remove disease) process is follow the below graph like
In Homeopathy the CURE process is follow rules of Dr. Constantine Herring like below: –
These above rules of Dr. C. Herring in Graph below as like: –
Rule No. - 1
Rule No. - 2
Rule nO. - 3
“Similia Similibus Curentur”
It is Homeopathic Law of Cure. (It means “Let like to be treated by Like.”) Which is based on the Nature’s Law of Cure as follow: –
“Similia Similibus Curantur”
(It means “Like cures Like”.)
CARDINAL PRINCIPLES OF HOMOEOPATHY include 7 law: –
1. LAW OF SIMILIA.
2. LAW OF SIMPLEX.
3. LAW OF MINIMUM.
4. DOCTRINE OF DRUG PROVING.
5. THEORY OF CHRONIC DISEASE.
6. THEORY OF VITAL FORCE.
7. DOCTRINE OF DRUG DYNAMIZATION.
“As a scientific system, it is made up of certain facts, laws, rules and methods or processes, each of which is an integral part of the whole,” says Dr. Stuart Close.
1- LAW OF SIMILIA (i.e. SIMILAR) : –
– The Law of Similia is one of the very basic fundamental principle of Homeopathy.
– The word homeopathy is a derivative of two Greek words “Homoeos” which means “Similar” and “Pathos” means “Suffering”.
– Homeopathy is based on the Natural law of Cure i.e. – “Similia Similibus Curentur” which means “like cures like”. Thus, Homeopathy is the therapeutic method of symptom similarity (Aphorism 21-27) and its Law is – “Similia Similibus Curantur”, it means “Let like to be treated by like”, in Sanskrit means “Vishashya Vishmaushadham” & in Hindi word ‘Visha hi Visha ki Aushadhi’ hoti hai.
– In aphorism 26th of Organon of Medicine Dr. Hahnemann states,
“A weaker dynamic affection is permanently extinguished in the living organism by the stronger one, if the later (while differing in kind) is very similar to the former in its manifestations.”
– “This recognition of law underlying cure is of ancient origin; no one knows the first recognition of this law crept into use, but ancient Hindu manuscripts recorded its application. Certainly Aristotle recognized it, and Hippocrates sensed the possibilities of this law and applied it in some recorded cases” says Dr. H. A. Roberts.
– Difference between Curantur and Curentur: –
1 – It is the verbal form of the word.
1 – It is the adjective form of the word.
2 – This word is used to express the “Nature’s Law of Cure”.
2 – This word is used to express the “Homeopathic law of Cure”.
3 – Nature’s law of cure is “Similia Similibus Curantur”.
3 – Homeopathic law of cure is “Similia Similibus Curentur”.
4 – It means “Like Cures Like”/ “Likes are Cured by Likes”.
4 – It means “Let Likes to be Treated by Likes” / Let Likes be Cured by Likes”.
5 – It is very ancient in origin.
5 – Dr. Hahnemann originated this law in 18th century.
6 – It is not safe for direct therapeutic application.
6 – It is harmless and can be applied directly for therapeutic purpose.
7 – It’s first recognition is not known, but it’s therapeutic application is recorded in Hindu manuscripts.
7 – It’s first therapeutic application was originated by Dr. Hahnemann.
2- LAW OF SIMPLEX (i.e. SINGLE REMEDY): –
– Dr. Hahnemann has stated that only one single, simple medicinal substance is to be administered at a time.
– Hahnemann was vexed with the “complex mixtures” of medicines used in his times which while on one hand could not cure the disease, on the other complicated the condition of the patient. In §247, he writes:
“it is wrong to attempt to employ complex means when simple means suffice”
3- LAW OF MINIMUM: —
– Medicine should be given in minimum/small dose.
– “The minimum dose of the medicine is the one which can bring out the curative reaction in the Vital Force without disturbing or damaging the body.”
– The minimum dose is also supported by many personalities: –
Dr. Finckle says: “the quality of the action of the homeopathic remedy is determined by its quantity in reverse ratio”.
The French mathematician Maupertuis says in his “law of least action”:
“the quantity of action necessary to effect any change in nature is the least possible, the decisive amount is always a minimum, an infinitesimal”.
4- DOCTRINE OF DRUG PROVING: –
According to this doctrine, the prescribed medicine must be properly proved upon the healthy human beings.
5- THEORY OF CHRONIC DISEASE: –
During Hahnemann’s time, apart from best homeopathic treatment the chronic cases would return after a certain interval while acute cases responds well, he found that a chronic disease is caused by chronic miasms – ‘Psora, Syphilis & Sycosis’ as in Ayurveda – ‘Cough, Pitta & Vaat’. He introduced it into the fourth edition of Organon of Medicine in the year 1829.
6- THEORY OF VITAL FORCE: –
Vital force is a triune of entity consisting the body, mind and spirit. Vital force is a supersensual thing which animates the material body in a harmonal way; due to this normal physiology of the living body is maintained. He introduced it into Organon of Medicine (fifth edition) in year 1833, and in 6th edition, he changed it into ‘Vital Energy’, ‘Vital Principle’ & or in the ‘Life Principle’.
7- DOCTRINE OF DRUG DYNAMIZATION: –
HOMOEOPATHIC DYNAMIZATION are processes by which the medicinal properties which are latent in natural substances while in their crude state become awakened and developed into activity to an incredible degree.
Drugs are potentized by two methods: –
1. Trituration: for insoluble substance.
2. Succussion: in case of soluble substance.
Objects of potentization include: –
1. To reduce the medicinal substance which helps to avoid unwanted medicinal aggravation.
2. By this process deadly poison turns into healing remedies. ex Arsenic , Lachesis, Crotalus etc.
3. Substance which are naturally inert which converts into medicine ex Silicea, common salt etc.
4. The action of potentized medicine is deeper, longer and more wide spread.
DOCTRINE of DRUG DYNAMIZATION was introduced in homeopathy in fifth edition of Organon of Medicine published in the year 1833.